Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Confessions of a thrifter................


Happy Hump Day Fashion Geeks!!!!!!!!!

I pray your all having a fabulous week thus far :)

Have you ever heard the saying one mans trash is another mans treasure?

Well, if not I'm here to share with you the truth about this statement.

At the end of  July last year my department closed so I lost my job. I was
unemployed from the end of July 2011 to the end of January 2012, that's a long time huh???

While unemployed I would surf the net looking for jobs and of course be on the social networking sights, and I seen that some of the people that  I followed  on twitter were thrifters. I would see some of the amazing items that they had purchased, and thought to myself I have to see what this is all about. 

For years my aunt and best friend (Engua.. <3 u auntie) would tell me about the amazing deals she would find at the thrift store and I always thought all negative things about the thrift store until one day God humble me and I was quickly reminded that I'm not too good to shop anywhere.

I gained more interest as I pondered on one my favorite sayings that mamma use to say and that was "don't see yourself coming and going" meaning have your own style and do what everybody else wont do... Thank you mamma! Anyway I was blessed with an interview but didn't really have any thing to wear. I went to the thrift store and found some amazing wide leg cuffed pants by J.Crew and then I was hooked. I was so shocked by the quality of the item and paid less than $8.00 and you cant beat that. But I was more surprised that someone thought to throw it away. So from then on I gained a slight obsession with thrifting. Ive found some Unique,classic,and timeless pieces that I will never see someone else with. I will always set trends in my own Unique way :)


It would only be right that I share some of the beautiful items that Ive found, and hopefully inspire you to check out the thrift store.


This beautiful dress was brand new with the tags on it...under $6 bucks

Some great labels I found..both under $10

I love blouses especially the ones that tie @ the neck...

Some cute clutches... fab earrings... and my favorite wicker bag...

Dress.. Scarf.....and earrings all thrift........

  I love this dress... its pleated at the bottom and  its extra girly.... :)   


Thrift inspiration~ all thrift from head to toe...         


These are just a few of the things that I have picked up along the way, and I love them!
 
Are you  inspired??? 
If so 
Here are somethings to keep in mind when you go thrifiting...
 
1. Keep an open mind....
2. Think of it as journey...
3.Remember the idea of thrifting is to not look like you shop @ the thrift store.
4. See the big picture. meaning if the item is too long for your taste see it shorter... if the item is too big have it taken in so it will fit just the way you like it. :)

You can be Fly & Fashionable no matter where you shop....
Because you make the outfit, the outfit doesn't make you.
 
 
Until the next time Happy Fashion, Fashion Geeks!!!! :)




       



















4 comments:

  1. Wow you have inspired me!! Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy cool keep me posted with details about your experience😊

      Delete
  2. I couldve used u last week I went thriftin n came home wit only earrings I wantd 2 come home wit some good stuff so bad but I cn never make up my mind either so I just got the earrings n some shades :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well don't give up keep trying and eventually you will find earrings and shades plus much much more :)

      Delete